It was formed in the aftermath of the invasion of Poland by Germany in 1939 and continued through World War II and the subsequent annexation by the Soviet Union. Based in Paris and Angers until France fell, it then moved to London. It returned to Poland after the collapse of the Soviet Union and the election of Lech Walesa as president. The photograph shows a meeting of the government, but none of the participants is identified.
Credit for this entry to: Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk