Plaque: Wall fountain
Erection date: 1951
To commemorate the gift of this wall fountain by the Master, wardens, assistants and commonalty of the Company of Gardeners of London.
Site: Old Change (2 memorials)
EC4, St Paul's Churchyard, Festival Gardens
Both plaques are attached to the other side of the low wall behind the fountain, the one for Old Change being to the north.
The Festival Gardens at St Paul’s, the Corporation of London's contribution to the Festival of Britain, were laid out in 1951 by Sir Albert Richardson, following the ground plan of pre-war buildings in Old Change. The gardens were re-landscaped in March 2012 but we think the basic layout remains.