Erection date: 28/4/2017
This plaque was unveiled in memory of Lawrence Sheriff, founder of Rugby School in 1567 and thus of Lawrence Sheriff School, whose bequest of "eight acres of pasture", now known as The Rugby Estate, continues to reflect the spirit of his charitable endowment.
Unveiled by A. N. Wilson, an historian educated at Rugby, as part of the 450th anniversary celebrations.
Site: Rugby Estate (1 memorial)
WC1, Rugby Street