Plaque: 88 Arlington Road
88 Arlington Road
This building stands on the site of the Bedford Tavern (1807) famous for the balloon ascents from its Tea Gardens. Here stood the 'Old' and 'New' Bedford Music Halls (1867 - 1968) whose performers and patrons were depicted by the artist Walter Sickert at the turn of the century.
Developer: Community Housing Association
Architects: Phippen Randall and Parkes
Contractor: Higgins Group Plc.
Site: 88 Arlington Road (1 memorial)
NW1, Arlington Road, 88