mobile nav

Memorial

New River Head New River Head

Memorial: New River Head

Inscription

Erected by the Metropolitan Water Board on the site of the New River Head.

At New River Head the water in the New River flowed into a Round Pond.

Site: New River Head (1 memorial)

EC1, Hardwick Street, 173

Go round to the back of this site to Myddelton Passage where you can see some buildings etc. from the early days of the New River and there is an outdoor exhibition explaining things.

In 1920 this building replaced the 1613 Water House, the original HQ of the New River Company. Inside is the 17th century Court Room, rescued from the previous building.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
New River Head

Information Subjects commemorated

62861

New River

The so-called New River is actually an aqueduct built 1609 - 1613 from near W...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
New River Head

Information Created by

51164

Metropolitan Water Board

Taken over by Thames Water.

Read More