Available in the app store now
Categories: Engineering, Food & Drink
Used c.1709 - 1720 to pump water supplied via the New River from the round pond to the upper pond (now Claremont Square reservoir).
Go to map of other memorials in this area
This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
New River Head windmill
The Round House Remains of the windmill used c.1709 - 1720 to pump water from...
This section lists other interesting subjects.
Thomas Faryner, King Charles II's baker, had his house and bakery on Pudding ...
Establihsed by George Barham in the late 19th century to sell milk-related th...
Company Secretary to the Dairy Supply Company in 1888.
The present day pub was rebuilt in 1875.
Metropolitan Drinking Fountain & Cattle Trough Association.
Register to receive email updates whenever we publish new memorials.
Now available: TheLondon RemembersiPhone app.
12,210 brave WW1 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.
23,831 brave WW2 seamen remembered on the monument at Tower Hill.