mobile nav

Subject

Freemasons' Tavern

Building   From 1775

Categories: Commerce, Food & Drink

The first, 1775, building was replaced by a four storey building in 1803. It was rebuilt again in 1864 by the Freemasons who, in 1909, renovated it and changed its name to the Connaught Rooms in honour of their then Grand Master, the Duke of Connaught and Strathearn. It has been rebuilt since then.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
Freemasons' Tavern

Information Commemorated at

45637

Geological Society of London

Geological Society of London 13 November 1807, the first geological society ...

Read More