Plaque: St Olave's Grammar School
Erection date: 1967
St Olave's Grammar School occupied this site, 1855 - 1967.
Site: St Olave's Grammar School (3 memorials)
SE1, Queen Elizabeth Street
Our picture only shows a part of this large building, by E. W. Mountford, 1892-4. Built as a school it housed Lambeth College for a time and in 2008 there were plans to turn it into a hotel. 2011, and it's looking rather sad.
On the facade are three arched pediments with sculpted reliefs as follows, left to right:
- two lounging school-boys and the dates 1571 - 1894.