mobile nav

Memorial

Spitfire factory Spitfire factory

Plaque: Spitfire factory

Inscription

{At the centre around a winged wheel with laurel wreath:}
Palmer Hatton Street The Old Aeroworks, 1912 - 1984.
{To either side:}
These buildings built in the 1920's were occupied by the Palmer Tyre Company who produced wheels, tyres, brakes and gun turrets which were fitted to wartime Spitfire, Hurricane, Wellington and Lancaster fighter and bomber aircraft. The company continued aerospace research and development in this building until 1984.
{The plaque is bordered with black and white squares each depicting one of the aircraft.}

Site: Spitfire factory (1 memorial)

NW8, Hatton Street

Erected in the 1920s this building has now been divided into a number of sections. In 1988 one section was re-designed by Sir Terry Farrell to provide office for his architectural practice. Another section has been converted into loft-style apartments by Munkenbeck & Marshall.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Spitfire factory

Information Subjects commemorated

50159

Palmer Tyre Company

From Car History: In June 1892 John F. Palmer (American) obtained two US pate...

Read More