Plaque: Queen Mother visits Guy's
Erection date: 16/12/1964
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother unveiled this stone to commemorate her visit to Guy's House on 16th December 1964.
Erected in 1725 by Thomas Guy Esquire at his own costs and charges, the building was restored by the Governors in 1964.
E. G. Slesinger Esq., OBE MS FRCS, Chairman of the Board
A. E. Orchard-Lisle Esq., Vice-Chairman of the Board
Sir Rowan Boland CBE MD FRCP, Dean of the Medical and Dental Schools
A. H. Burfoot Esq., BA, Clerk to the Governors
Site: WW2, Pedey and the Queen Mother (3 memorials)
SE1, Great Maze Pond, Guy's Hospital - the Colonnade