Plaque: Fig Tree Court
Fig Tree Court adjoined this ancient buttery, 1515 - 1666. It was destroyed in the Great Fire of London, rebuilt in 1679 and again destroyed by enemy action 1940.
An information board provides: "The end of Inner Temple Hall facing Elm Court is the Knights' medieval crypt and buttery, the oldest rooms still in use in the Temple".
Site: Fig Tree Court (1 memorial)
EC4, Inner Temple, Elm Court