mobile nav

Memorial

Charles Walker & Lady Graham Charles Walker & Lady Graham

Fountain: Charles Walker & Lady Graham

Inscription

{ On the west face:}
This garden was opened for the use of the public by Lady Margaret Georgiana Graham, daughter of the Marquess of Northampton, July 8 1885.

{On the east face:}
This public garden has been laid out and completed at the sole cost of Charles Clement Walker Esquire: of Lilleshall Old Hall Shropshire:
he of Her Majesty's Justices of the Peace for the Counties of Salop and Stafford, a native of the Parish of Clerkenwell, for the free use of the inhabitants thereof for health, recreation and enjoyment.
. . . . .
And in affectionate remembrance of his mother Agnes Walker, long resident in the parish. 1885.

Site: Charles Walker & Lady Graham (1 memorial)

EC1, Northampton Square, Northampton Square Garden

Compare this memorial with the one in Wilmington Square.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Charles Walker & Lady Graham

Information Subjects commemorated

50534

Agnes Walker

Resident of Clerkenwell, Sutton Street (now Northburgh Street) in 1823. Mothe...

Read More

50534

Charles Clement Walker

Andrew Behan has very kindly done some solid work on Walker in the census ret...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Charles Walker & Lady Graham

Information Created by

50534

Lady Margaret Georgiana Graham

Second wife of Sir Henry John Lowndes Graham; daughter of 4th Marquess of Nor...

Read More

50534

Charles Clement Walker

Andrew Behan has very kindly done some solid work on Walker in the census ret...

Read More