mobile nav

Memorial

Austin Friars & the Queens Austin Friars & the Queens

Plaque: Austin Friars & the Queens

Erection date: 28/6/1989

Inscription

To commemorate the visit by Their Majesties Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands to the Dutch Church in Austin Friars on 28th June 1989, to mark the tercentenary of the coronation of William and Mary, Austin Friars House, after restoration was opened on the same day by The Rt. Hon. The Lord Mayor Sir Christopher Collett GBE.

Site: Austin Friars & the Queens (1 memorial)

EC2, Austin Friars, Austin Friars House

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Austin Friars & the Queens

Information Subjects commemorated

Show all 6

49613

First Dutch church, Austin Friars

The original Austin Friars monestery dates from about 1250. In 1550 Edward VI...

Read More

49581

Opening of Austin Friars House

Our picture shows part of this building in 1970, before the restoration.

Read More

49979

Tercentenary of the coronation of William and Mary

King William and Queen Mary reigned jointly from 1689 until Mary died in 1694...

Read More

49577

Augustinian (Austin) friars

From Augustinians in Britain : The Augustinian friars in Britain ceased to ex...

Read More

46857

Queen Mary II

Daughter of James II. Reigned from 1689, jointly with her husband William III...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Austin Friars & the Queens

Information Created by

46289

Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands

She had a busy time on her visit to England in June 1989 to help us celebrate...

Read More

65021

Sir Christopher Collett

Chairman of the Temple Bar Trust, 1993 - 2004.  Lord Mayor of London in 1989....

Read More

46218

Queen Elizabeth II

Born 17 Bruton Street. When she was 10 her father became King George VI (on t...

Read More