mobile nav


York House & Thames gateway

York House & Thames gateway

Building  From 1624 

Categories: Property

George Villiers, 1st Duke of Buckingham, acquired York House from the Archbishop of York in 1624 and had the watergate built. York House was demolished in 1675 and streets were laid out on the site. In 1893, the gate having fallen into decay, the LCC acquired and preserved it.

See other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
York House & Thames gateway

Information Commemorated at

York Watergate

The streets laid out on the site of York House were named: Villiers Street, D...

Read More