Built in 1864 in Barkham Terrace to replace the house that had been used,1785 -1862, by a group of Particular Baptists in what is now Burrell Street SE1. That building, rebuilt in 1801, was demolished to make way for the railway which is still there today, crossing Burrell Street. The first preacher there was James Upton, so that was the name given to the new Barkham Terrace chapel. Damaged by WW2 bombs the chapel was demolished in 1952. In 1941 the congregation united with that at Christ Church as "Christ Church and Upton Chapel".
We could find no image of Upton Chapel but luckily it does appear on a photo we have already published, on the page for St George's Obelisk, in Barkham Terrace..