Glyn, Mills & Co Bank
Group From 1753 To 1969
Founded in London as Vere, Glyn & Hallifax. Name changes: c.1780 Glyn, Hallifax and Mills; 1850 Glyn, Mills & Co.; 1864 Glyn, Mills, Currie & Co.; 1923 Glyn, Mills Currie Holt & Co.; 1924 the name reverted to Glyn Mills & Co.
In 1939 it was sold to the Royal Bank of Scotland, but continued to trade separately. 1969 the Royal Bank of Scotland's subsidiaries in England and Wales (Glyn, Mills & Co., Williams Deacon's Bank, and the English and Welsh branches of The National Bank) were merged to form Williams & Glyn's Bank.
Had a seat in the Bankers Clearing House prior to 1866.