mobile nav

Subject

St Pancras Station

Building   From 1868

Categories: Engineering

From the picture source website: "St Pancras train station was designed by William Barlow in 1863, with construction commencing in 1866. The famous Barlow train shed arch spans 240 feet and is over 100 feet high at its apex. On its completion in 1868 it became the largest enclosed space in the world." The red brick gothic confection that many people think of as St Pancras Station is actually the Midland Grand Hotel, designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott and built 1868-76.

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the memorials where the subject on this page is commemorated:
St Pancras Station

Information Commemorated at

48864

St Pancras Station

St Pancras Station, built originally by the Derby based Midland Railway Compa...

Read More