Royal Coburg Theatre / Royal Victoria Theatre / Old Vic
Group From 1818
This theatre designed by the German architect Rudolphe Cabanel, began life as the Royal Coburg Theatre under the patronage of Princess Charlotte of Wales and her husband Prince Leopold of Coburg. In 1834 it was renamed the Royal Victoria Theatre under the patronage of Victoria, Duchess of Kent. In 1880 it was taken over by Emma Cons, see there for more information.