Putney School of Art
Group From 1883
Founded by William Lancaster, Baron Pollock and Sir Arthur Jelf. For the first 11 years this was based in rooms over the parish offices in Putney High Street. Lancaster then funded the freehold site and the purpose-built art school. Architect: Thomas William Willis, opened 2 October 1895. 1924 the school was taken over by the LCC, and has subsequently been run by the ILEA in the 1960`s and then by Wandsworth Council.