Old Operating Theatre
Place From 1822 To 1862
It was a conversion of part of the garret of St Thomas's Church in 1822. The odd location is explained by the fact that it abutted the female surgical ward of St Thomas's. The hospital began to move to its present site in Lambeth in 1862, and the theatre lay forgotten until it was rediscovered in 1957. It is open to the public on most days from 10.30 am to 5pm.