The house was built on the site of the, supposedly holy, Bagnigge Wells (mineral springs) in 1678. Nell Gwynne was supposed to have lived in this house. The picture shows the house c. 1790.
In the 18th century the House became Bagnigge Wells, a place of popular resort. But it declined and by the mid 1800s it had been redeveloped.