Plaque: West Berlin Street Lamp
Erection date: 1/6/1963
The lamp above this plaque was formerly used to light a street in West Berlin, it was presented by Herr Willi Brandt, the Mayor of West Berlin to councillor Stanley Atkins J.P., the worshipful mayor of Hammersmith as a token of friendship of the jumelage held in this borough.
1st June 1963.
Hammersmith & Fulham has been twinned with Neukolln (a borough of West Berlin) since 1955. "Jumelage" is French for "twinning", and perhaps (we're struggling here) used in German for the concept. See Plaques of London for a picture of the lamp.
Site: West Berlin street lamp (1 memorial)
W6, Furnival Gardens, Lower Mall, Westcott Lodge