mobile nav

Memorial

Unitarian Chapel - Stamford St. Unitarian Chapel - Stamford St.

Plaque: Unitarian Chapel - Stamford St.

Inscription

This portico was the entrance to the former Unitarian Chapel erected on this site in 1821. The main body of the chapel (then in disuse) was demolished in 1964, and subsequently the portico was restored by the Greater London Council.

Site: Unitarian Chapel - Stamford St. (1 memorial)

SE1, Stamford Street

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Unitarian Chapel - Stamford St.

Information Subjects commemorated

50528

Stamford Street Unitarian Chapel

The chapel was demolished to provide the adjacent Nautical School with a play...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Unitarian Chapel - Stamford St.

Information Created by

46340

Greater London Council

The GLC was abolished, some say, because Mrs Thatcher could not abide its lef...

Read More