mobile nav

Memorial

Thames Tunnel Boiler House Thames Tunnel Boiler House

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: Thames Tunnel Boiler House

Inscription

Boiler House, this building was originally used as a boiler house during the construction of Marc Isambard Brunel's Thames tunnel between 1825 and 1843. It has since had many alterations and changes of use. It was restored in 1979.

Site: Thames Tunnel Boiler House (1 memorial)

SE16, Tunnel Road

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Thames Tunnel Boiler House

Information Subjects commemorated

52169

Thames Tunnel Boiler House

Built to provide steam for the pumping engines needed to keep the Thames Tunn...

Read More

48203

Sir Marc Isambard Brunel

Civil Engineer, born Hacqueville, Normandy, France. Educated in France, but f...

Read More

52168

Brunel's Thames Tunnel

The first tunnel in the world under a navigable river. Built between 1825 and...

Read More