mobile nav

Memorial

St Pancras Basin St Pancras Basin

Plaque: St Pancras Basin

Inscription

St Pancras Basin, just above the lock, was opened in 1870 as a coal wharf. Where boaters used to load and unload cargoes of heavy coal is now the site of St Pancras Cruising Club. Below the lock, you can still see the entrance to a disused basin and the former lock keeper's cottage.

The Regents Canal
Industry and pleasure
British Waterways London
Heritage Lottery Fund

{Below the picture of a man taking a sack of coal off a boat towards a horse-drawn cart:}
Unloading coal in St Pancras Basin the late 19th century.

Site: St Pancras Basin (1 memorial)

NW1, Regent's Canal tow path

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
St Pancras Basin

Information Subjects commemorated

52202

St Pancras Basin

Formerly known as the Midland Railway Basin (though we could find nothing und...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
St Pancras Basin

Information Created by