Plaque: St Mary Magdalene Gardens
Erection date: 1/5/1894
These grounds were laid out under the Open Spaces Act at the joint expense of the Vestry of Islington and of the London County Council and were opened to the public by the Rev. W. H. Barlow BD, Vicar of Islington, 1st May 1894.
R. S. Cufflin
W. H. Walkley
J. T. Johnson, churchwardens
W. F. Dewey - Vestry Clerk
Site: St Mary Magdalene Gardens (1 memorial)
N7, Holloway Road
St Mary Magdalene was built in 1814 as a chapel of ease to Islington Parish Church, the parish having grown from the mid C18th onwards, and became a parish in its own right in 1894. The former burial ground was converted as public gardens and opened in May of that year.
The plaque is on a gate post on Holloway Road.