Plaque: Smiths - Head Office
This building was the Head Office of W.H. Smith & Son from 1920 to 1976. The above sign was damaged by shrapnel from a German bomb during an air raid on the night of 10th October 1940.
Site: W. H. Smiths - Portugal Street (3 memorials)
WC2, Portugal Street
There are 3 plaques, all on the north face of this building, to the right of the entrance shown in the photograph.