Plaque: Moorfields Eye Hospital - opened
This building was opened by Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of York on 27th June 1899.
The Duke and Duchess of York went on to become King George V and Queen Mary.
Site: Moorfields Eye Hospital (2 memorials)
N1, City Road
These two inscriptions are either side of the entrance steps. The patient entrance is now around the corner and this grand entrance seems little used.