mobile nav

Memorial

Holy Trinity Church - SW7 Holy Trinity Church - SW7

Plaque: Holy Trinity Church - SW7

Erection date: 1901

Inscription

{On the board:}
Holy Trinity Church, Prince Consort Road, originally the chapel of a leper hospital, was rebuilt in 1609 and was known as Knightsbridge Chapel. This was replaced in 1901 by the present Parish Church, Henry Bartholomew Coward being the first vicar, & George Frederick Bodley the architect.

{Carved in the stonework:}
AD 1901

The plaque does not make it clear that the early history all took place at another site; there was no church or chapel on this site until 1901.

Site: Holy Trinity Church - SW7 (1 memorial)

SW7, Prince Consort Road

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Holy Trinity Church - SW7

Information Subjects commemorated

72514

Holy Trinity Church, Prince Consort Road

The church moved here at the end of the 19th century from a Knightsbridge sit...

Read More

72515

George Frederick Bodley

Ecclesiastical architect. Born Hull.  George Gilbert Scott was his brother-in...

Read More

74643

Henry Bartholomew Coward

1895 appointed vicar when Holy Trinity Church was based in Knightsbridge and ...

Read More