Plaque: Her Majesty's Theatre - SWET
Theatreland - Heart of the performing arts in London
Her Majesty's Theatre
In 1706 Sir John Vanbrugh built this first of four theatres on this famous site. The second theatre, known variously as "The King's" and "Her Majesty's", was the home of Italian opera, while the present theatre, designed by C.J. Phipps and opened in 1897, remains a home for major musicals.
A joint venture by the City of Westminster and the Society of West End Theatre
Site: Her Majesty's Theatre (2 memorials)
SW1, Charles II Street