Plaque: French's Dairy conduit
In the rear is The White Conduit (circa 1300 AD), originally part of the water supply to the Greyfriars Monastery, Newgate Street.
The nice lady in the shop told us that it is a 2 metre square white marble well head with 16th century graffiti. It's under the floor and can't be seen.
Site: French's Dairy conduit (1 memorial)
WC1, Rugby Street, 13