Plaque: Clock Tower - Hampstead - new plaque
The clock tower. Built in 1873 this building housed the local fire station until 1915.
Erected by Heath and Hampstead Society
At British History On-line we read that it closed in 1923, not 1915 as per the plaque.
Site: Hampstead fire station (2 memorials)
NW3, Heath Street
The rather tatty looking plaque used to be on the Holly Hill facade, at about eye height. In 2014 we see that has been removed (leaving an unpainted patch so possibly the removal was not authorised) and another, more modern plaque erected on the Heath Street facade, high up out of reach.