Memorial: Clock at BMA
The clock above was presented to the British Medical Association by Mrs Margaret Turner in memory of her husband, E .B. Turner, F.R.C.S., who for many years took a prominent part in the work of the British Medical Association having been chairman of the representative body from 1915 - 1918 and a member of the Council from 1912 - 1931.
Site: British Medical Association (4 memorials)
WC1, Tavistock Square
The BMA courtyard is not accessible to the public but one can see the fountain, the memorial gates and the clock by peering through the first set of gates. Lutyens was commissioned by the Theosophical Society to design the building which is now BMA House. The unfinished site was bought by the BMA who commissioned Lutyens to finish it. They then commissioned another architect for the buildings that front Tavistock Square.