Plaque: City of London School - EC4 - Q.Victoria St
Erection date: 24/5/1985
The City of London School was endowed by John Carpenter, Town Clerk in 1442. The Corporation of London by an Act of Parliament in 1834 established the School at Milk Street off Cheapside. In 1883 the School moved to the Victoria Embankment. On 24 May 1985 this stone was laid by the Rt. Hon. the Lord Mayor Sir Alan Traill, GBE, MA DMus.
Site: City of London School - EC4 - Q.Victoria St (1 memorial)
EC4, Queen Victoria Street