This building was erected in 1774 to accommodate the six clerks of the King's High Court of Chancery when they moved from their old office in Chancery Lane. The six clerks were abolished in 1842-5-6 Vict.C.103.
Site: Stone Buildings (2 memorials)
WC2, Stone Buildings, 10
When, on the opening of the Law Courts in 1882, no 10 became vacant the Inns of Court Rifle Corps moved in.
Lincoln's Inn provides a good history of Stone Buildings.