mobile nav

Memorial

Central Foundation Girls School Central Foundation Girls School

Plaque: Central Foundation Girls School

Inscription

Central Foundation Girls School (founded 1726) moved from Spital Square in 1975 to this building which the Coborn Girls School (founded 1701) had occupied since its opening in 1898.
Historic Buildings of Bow

Site: Central Foundation Girls School (1 memorial)

E3, Bow Road

Below the first floor bay window a large stone frieze is beginning to crumble but still reads: "Stepney & Bow Foundation Coborn Girls School".

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Central Foundation Girls School

Information Subjects commemorated

47955

Central Foundation Girls School

Moved from Spital Square in 1975 to the building in Bow Road.  Spitalfields L...

Read More

47956

Coborn Girls School

From the picture source website: "Prisca Coborn, the widow of a brewer, found...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Central Foundation Girls School

Information Created by

47684

Tower Hamlets Council

The name was originally applied to the Tower division of the county of Middle...

Read More