mobile nav

Memorial

Aubrey House Aubrey House

Credit for this entry to:
Alan Patient of www.plaquesoflondon.co.uk

Plaque: Aubrey House

Erection date: 1960

Inscription

London County Council
Aubrey House stands on the site of Kensington Wells an early 18th century spa. Former residents include, Sir Edward Lloyd Richard 1st Earl Grosvenor, Lady Mary Coke, diarist, Peter and Clementia Taylor, philanthropists, William Cleverly Alexander, art lover.

Site: Aubrey House (1 memorial)

W8, Aubrey Road and Aubrey Walk

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
Aubrey House

Information Subjects commemorated

Show all 7

48787

Aubrey House

Built between 1730 and 1740, it was originally called 'The Villa', it became ...

Read More

50534

William Cleverly Alexander

A wealthy banker and art collector, who bought Aubrey House in 1873 for about...

Read More

48788

Lady Mary Coke

Letter writer and noblewoman. Born Lady Mary Campbell at either Sudbrook, Sur...

Read More

50534

Sir Edward Lloyd Richard

It is difficult to determine who this person is. According to the Oxford Dict...

Read More

48790

Clementia Taylor

Women's activist. Born Clementia Doughty at Brockdish, Norfolk. She married P...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
Aubrey House

Information Created by

46341

London County Council

Prior to the LCC London matters were run by church parishes. The LCC was the...

Read More