mobile nav

Memorial

All Saints Church tower All Saints Church tower

Plaque: All Saints Church tower

Inscription

This tower was repaired and heightened in the year of our Lord MDCCCXLI. {1841}
D. C. Delafosse, A.M. - Vicar
Thomas Allen & John Dormay - Churchwardens.

{"A.M." seems to be an alternative way of giving "M.A" - Master of Arts.}

 

 

Site: All Saints Church tower (1 memorial)

SW18, Wandsworth High Street, All Saints Church

The Church of England has this to say about this church: 
Built: 17th - 19th centuries, Architect: William Jupp, Listing: grade 2*.  All Saints Church stands on the site of an earlier church, dating from the thirteenth century, in a central position in the original village of Wandsworth. The river Wandle is close by to the east, a few hundred yards from where it flows into the River Thames. 
The lower parts of the west tower were built in 1630, the upper storey an addition in 1841 when the peal of eight bells was installed. The north aisle was built in 1724 and the remainder rebuilt by William Jupp 1778-80. A new chancel, designed by E W Mountford was added in 1900. 

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
All Saints Church tower

Information Subjects commemorated

50590

Raising the tower - Wandsworth All Saints

The upper storey of the west tower was added in 1841 to enable a peal of ei...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
All Saints Church tower

Information Created by

50534

Thomas Allen

Churchwarden of All Saints Church, Wandsworth in 1841.

Read More

50534

Rev. D. C. Delafosse, MA

Vicar of All Saints Church in 1841.

Read More

50534

John Dormay

Churchwarden of All Saints Church, Wandsworth in 1841.

Read More