mobile nav

Memorial

AA AA

Plaque: AA

Erection date: 28/6/1965

Inscription

The Automobile Association opened its first office in this building in the year 1905.
This plaque was unveiled on the 28th June 1965 by The Right Honourable The Lord Mayor of London, Sir James Miller, D.L.LL.D., to mark the Diamond Jubilee of the Automobile Association.
{At the top the original AA badge is shown with the date '1905'. At the bottom the badge at the time of the plaque is shown with the date '1965'. Originally each member attached the metal badge to their car's bonnet. }

Site: AA (1 memorial)

EC4, Fleet Street, 18

Go to map of other memorials in this area

This section lists the subjects commemorated on the memorial on this page:
AA

Information Subjects commemorated

47067

Automobile Association

The Automobile Association, originally set up to help motorists avoid police ...

Read More

This section lists the subjects who helped to create/erect the memorial on this page:
AA

Information Created by

47068

Sir James Miller

Housebuilder and politician. Born Edinburgh. Lord Mayor of London, D.L.LL.D. ...

Read More